From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of GINO
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 1:41 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Fw: butterfield

Paul was one of the worst 3rd position players I ever heard,,,terrible,,,but
he influenced my playing more than anyone else (2nd pos,,,mixolidian).Listen
to the solo on driftin & driftin, great tone, phrasing, pace,ideas. killer
vibrato. I used to listen to the acoustic part over and over in "1972". I
first got it on 8 track.
   listen to nickels and dimes on my website,,,is there any influence there
from Paul ? He's not the only great player,but a lot of people identified
with his playing,,,,even tongue blockers. (Mark Ford comes to mind)

         Gino
"LICENSE TO SMOKE"
    Keep on smokin
http://www.ginoharmonica.com