Re: [Harp-L] Fw: butterfield

Butterfield must be smiling with so many great players continuing his legacy.

Diggs

--- On Mon, 7/6/09, GINO <ginoharmonica@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: GINO <ginoharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Fw: butterfield
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, July 6, 2009, 1:40 PM

Paul was one of the worst 3rd position players I ever heard,,,terrible,,,but he influenced my playing more than anyone else (2nd pos,,,mixolidian).Listen to the solo on driftin & driftin, great tone, phrasing, pace,ideas. killer vibrato. I used to listen to the acoustic part over and over in "1972". I first got it on 8 track.
   listen to nickels and dimes on my website,,,is there any influence there from Paul ? He's not the only great player,but a lot of people identified with his playing,,,,even tongue blockers. (Mark Ford comes to mind)

         Gino
"LICENSE TO SMOKE"
    Keep on smokin
http://www.ginoharmonica.com