[Harp-L] For sale: Tombo alto pipe horn

I am offering a (practically unused) Tombo Alto pipe horn for sale.

This is one of those "what was I thinking" things. I started out a little
curious to play harmonica and I ended up ordering a Tombo alto pipe horn
from Japan. I fooled around with it for about 10 minutes and said to myself
"what the heck was I thinking?" I haven't picked it up since.

What I need is something I can hide easily and carry anywhere. The Tombo is
too big to put in my pocket, too loud for my wife (who hates harmonicas) and
too shiny to hide.

Price: $175 or best offer. I paid about $275 US (not including and
additional $25 shipping from Japan).

It has 37 reeds, one reed per hole, blow only (click on "ensemble" harps at
http://www.tombo-m.co.jp/eng/). It's the simplicity of the thing that
appealed to me. I can snap and send a photo if that would be useful.

Pat Missin suggested that I offer this through the list. I decided to read
the posts for a few weeks before barging in with my beginner's remorse and
it's been really worthwhile. I have been impressed with what an active and
supportive group this is. Mainly I've learned that even if I've chosen the
wrong harmonica at least I picked the right instrument - and that I should
have started reading this before buying a harmonica.

John Chesser

--
JT Chesser LLC
Organization Development Consulting