Re: [Harp-L] Cellphone Blues

Just remember this is why in America we are not a metric nation, the metric system is just not poetic.
It's "every inch of my love", not every centimeter, "I'm walkin' a mile for my baby" not a kilometer, etc. Translating the blues to another language or vernacular rarely works .

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill" <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2009 6:58:48 AM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Fwd: [Harp-L] Cellphone Blues

Excellent!

My only quibble is would this not need to translate across the pond and over
here we don't cellphones we have mobiles, in the states i understand a
mobile might be something you stick up above a cot to stop the baby from
getting bored, so it's tricky innit!

One of my work colleagues left her 'mobile' on the bus the other week, so
she rang her number and spoke to someone called Hajib, they agreed to liaise
that evening for the handover. The office was full of conjecture, would
Hajib turn out to be a mad axe murderer or the love of her life. Actually
he turned out to be neither, he handed over the mobile and that was that.
But imagine the lyrical possibilities.....

Bill