[Harp-L] bandmix.com

I was bumping around in the web trying to see if I could find some people to
jam with. It all started when I saw that Jason Ricci will be playing in
Tampa on Tuesday night. So I Googled  Jason Ricci Tampa and voila - I found
out he is playing at a place called Skippers.

Then I Googled Harmonica Clearwater and discovered a site called
bandmix.com.  If you haven't seen it, it is a site designed to connect
musicians who are looking for a group to play with and bands who are trying
to fill a hole.  I found several who are looking for a harmonica player, but
the use of their service requires a subscription.  I could not find anywhere
on the site that tells how much it costs.  (I'm still looking)

I am not opposed to spending a few bucks, but truth be told, most of these
guys are serious musicians or wanna-be's and are looking for someone who can
practice 3-4 days a week and (apparently) want to be professional musicians
for a living.  I'm just a hack who wants to have some fun, so I'm not sure
if it is the right place for me.

Anybody out there in harp-l land have any experience with bandmix.com?

Thanks,

Tom Halchak

Clearwater, FL 33763

Database version: 6.12750