[Harp-L] California, harmonica (Rob) and microphones (Greg)

Hi everybody,

This is not a kind of shameless plug but I need to say some things to you guys, that could be useful and relevant regarding 3 particular points.

1) It has been a couple of days since I arrived in the USA. I've got already a lot to say about the country, but let's stay focused on the harmonica. For the ones who are in California the Redwood little Fox Jams in Redwood city is a really great place, 3 hours after my landing I was playing 2 songs at this place with my friend Greg Heumann. I recommend this place warmly to all of you, that's a great place to meet other musicians (had met 4 musicians out there in only 2 hours).

2) Rob Paparozzi's album "Etruscan Soul": well, I don't know if it was the California sun, the woods all around, or an hallucination due to the jet lag, but I fell completely in love for the this CD. From the Beatles to the Cuisaders type of sound, Rob brings us into his own world, with honesty, simplicity, and humor. Some can say that there's no overbends, that the music is out of date....NO WAY. Rob has done a terrific job. After this Independence Day week end, I'm warmly advising you to have this album

3) I've reserved the best for the end: I've had the occasion to see by myself how Greg Heumann from Blowsmeaway Productions (http://www.blowsmeaway.com/ultimate ) is working on microphones. This is simply an outstanding job. I'm not really into bullet type of microphone (only my opinion here) but seeing Greg turning a ridiculous piece of wood into a precious and beautiful piece of art is extremely touching. During this process I've never seen Greg hesitating which is extremely impressive. For the mods it even "worse"...The constant customer care that Greg is showing can't be beaten, thinking "where can I drill a hole to place the volume control that 'll not damage the aspect of this microphone, and that'll be the easiest way for the customer to have access to it?"... In one word I would say "Greg knows"

See you all at SPAH

Christelle Berthon

Official website : http://www.christelleharpqueen.net http://www.youtube.com/christellester http://www.myspace.com/christelleberthon