[Harp-L] Back to business! The upper octave!

Cotton, McCain and Big Walter all slide into the upper octave in a similar manner.  Cotton stays on the high note/does vibrato(Live At Mr. Kelly's, Bus Driver), McCain slides back all the way up and then back down with a shake in Steady, and Big Walter goes back into the 7-8 over and over?  Is there a derivative player, they all seem to be coming from the same influence, with small variations.  Is this a Sonny Boy II or I thing, still kinda puzzled.  Does anybody have the tab when Big Walter does this on Rockin My Boogie, on Chicago/The Blues/Today! Vol ?.