Re: [Harp-L] Playin' blues in any color

Yeah, I just LOVE all these "armchair" Blues Experts who tell us who can and
can't play blues....pay them no mind, way was around way before them and
will continue on fine when they are long gone with their Barrels of critical
wisdom,-)

"sounding white, sounding black is the most JIVE way to look at a beautiful
art form called the BLUES.....Paul Butterfield was YEARS ahead of many PRO
musicians WHITE or BLACK!

Best,
Rob paparozzi

On 7/2/09 4:11 PM, "gary mulholland" <g.e.mulholland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now the English are getting pulled in !!!????
>
> Gary
>
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 8:41 PM, <Pic2318834@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Like some English blues guys who just seem to fall short.  Not all,  some.
>>

>> In a message dated 7/2/2009 12:09:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>> drfertig@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>>
>> Here's a  subject close to my heart AND close to the edge.
>>
>> Simply, as someone  (Rob?) said recently, harp is arguably the most
>> expressive musical instrument  (short of voice, perhaps).  it doesn't lie
>> easily.
>>
>> Yet,  some blues players (not only harp) seem to try to come across as
>> other than  who they are.  How many of us have encountered white blues
>> players
>> who  affect a fake accent and costumes, let alone life stories and
>> personas?
>>  Even if they play well, it can feel ilke a vaudeville act, or a
>> "re-enactment."
>>
>> But those that play straight from the heart need no  bonafides, it's in the
>> music, whether you like it or not.
>>
>> -Dave "I  wish I was Sam Clemens, but I ain't him"  Fertig
>>
>> **************Dell Summer Savings: Cool Deals on Popular Laptops ­ Shop
>> Now!
>> (
>> http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222696924x1201468348/aol?redir=http:
>> %2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D1
>> )

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com