[Harp-L] The Blues In Any Color

I really try to keep my little opinions to myself on this board as it feels grandiose to do otherwise.The only reason I play this little diatonic instrument sometimes is I have to. It is my expression and at my best I come a few steps closer in articulating my heart than words can do. This black white thing irritates me. I'm not referring to the bigger than harp macrocosmic issue- I'm referring to the musical plane. The aural plane. Why would it matter to me if Lee Oscar were white or black. I'm not experiencing his mellifluous playing with my eyes. Or William Clarke's tough unambiguous big verve. I love his sound and the wildness it evokes inside of me whether he's black, white, deceased or alive. The poverty of my talents always leaves me in awe of Walter. A colorblind awe. I'm not naive: people develop prejudices within historical and personal contexts and the sociology and psychology of these prejudices is interesting but if one is really a musician (which for me has to have sub-definition of lover of music) why would color matter. d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues