[Harp-L] SPAH Updates

Hey Gang,

I hear rumor that Will Scarlet will be showing up in Sacramento. That would
be awesome. Anyone that can share details will be appreciated.

The deadline for booking the day-time tours scheduled for the convention has
been extended to July 15th. This includes the ladies breakfast.

Overall convention registrations have spiked in the last month. Things were
slow coming out of the gate but now we are on pace to make this the most
attended SPAH convention ever!

The line-up of world class players attending, teaching and performing is
growing almost daily. Including including non-harp players. Roger Smith,
Tower of Power Bassist will be one of the musicians backing up some of the
Jazz performers. Other possible names are being thrown around as well. There
will be more updates coming as they firm up.

Phil Caltabellotta is now going to be joining Randy Singer in running the
hallway jazz jams. Phil and his fellow HarpBeats (Wally Peterman and George
Miklas) will be a part of Jason's Bow-Off as well as being headliners at the
convention. By the way Phil and his gal Val are heading up the Garden State
Harmonica Club event this year. Everybody, especially the East-Coasters,
should start making plans for November!

Final note, only a week or so left for the Special SPAH discounted rate for
rooms at the Radisson. Word is that our block of rooms is almost gone. Git
er done.

WB
--
Warren "Bee" Bachman