[Harp-L] gross topic?

I'm fairly new to this site but wonder about this "Used harp" topic:

I have a large bag of used harps (some more than others , special 20's, and others)

How would one recondition (sterilize) these for use by my friends. (close friends)
who want to learn in a way that would not pass on my various nasal infections etc.
I've made cool wind chimes out of them and retuned some but mostly I've just kept them for parts.
Christmas ornament is good reuse too.

Would heating them (boil) to a certain level not change the tuning, etc. or is alcohol or dry heat an option.
Wtih the price of harps these days Maybe this is worth doing for the new player to get a set.
I have heard of the old "soak them in Jack Daniel's".
These guys always seem to have out of tune harps.

When I lived in tropical environs I found germs to be reinfecting me in my "set' of harps".
I decided to use a wood box with air flow in that environment. (Hilo)
I never share my harps ( or wife) and keep my mouth clean.

How does one make used harps sterile without ruining them. This is not an OCD case.
I don't want to give my student friend any disease besides the boogie disease.

As far as the race issue...Race is not a topic I wish to discuss. I love and embrace all music and races (I'm heinz 57).
However,...i would not let my daughter date a harmonica player.
Just kidding.

Grant