[Harp-L] A little about patents

I just want to mention a couple of things about patents - I have more than a couple of them - I have been dealing in Intellectual Property for almost 30 years - Most people who apply for patents do so to protect the hard work they have put into developing a product or process they and their attorney believe to be unique - Even then some patents have been granted based on less than full disclosure of prior art -

That said one fact is that in the real world we live in a patent and its claims are no better than the attorneys and the money the patent owner has to back it up -

I will also mention that the term "Patent Pending" in the past has been more valuable to me than the actual patent itself - That is a looong story I won't go into - Just please keep in mind that we are all proud of what we do and accomplish and should maybe think twice about making comments when we might not know all the facts - Just offering some food for thought - D Brooker