[Harp-L] mechanical mod for '65 Princton Fender RI

i just had a friend of mine who's handy with such things put a pair of 14" Fender tilt back legs on my Fender Princeton Reverb RI. WOW! Tilted back, the amp opens up with an improved and more tonally balanced sound that is perceptibly and pleasantly different than when the amp is not tilted back. Hard to describe, but i REALLY like it. I like this amp anyway, but now i like it even more. The tilt back legs are a VERY nice improvement . (I'm using a 545 Ultimate into the #2 input.)

You should also put metal corners on the bottom of the amp if you put legs on. Use Fender amp corners WITH a tongue. This will require that the little metal feet be taken off the bottom of the amp and replaced with the much nicer Fender Sphinx Glides so that the corners will fit on. Screw the Sphinx Glides into the bottom screw hole of the corners. Very elegant in appearance when you are done. And all the parts are genuine Fender for those who care about such things.

I'm absolutely thrilled that i did this. All the parts are available at Musicians Friend for less than $60 total (much less if they are running some type of a sale). Btw, the Fender amp corners from MF (and from Guitar Center) DO have a tongue even though the listings say they don't.

Unbelievable improvement for playing harmonica through this amp . And if for some reason you don't like it (and i can't think of one) just don't tilt the amp back.

JP