Re: [Harp-L] Blues From Singapore, Chicken Shack Revival Band

Hello Rick,

Thank you very much..

The amp I used was a stock Fender Pro Junior (miked up with a sm57 to
PA). I used a Superlux D112/C mic through an Artec Parametric
Equalizer. There is something I don't like about the Superlux plugged
directly to the amp, ain't too bad but there tends to be a irritating
high end freq that wants to feed back. I use the Para EQ to tame lop
off the offending high freqs at as low band width as possible, and
boost the overall volume. I can still remember the settings on the amp
and PEQ:

Pro Junior: Volume=4-5, Tone=9-10, I try to open it up as much as possible and rely on the PEQ to do the EQ Job.

Artec PEQ: Level=6, Width=2, Gain=0, Freq=Max.
It means cut off the highest freq that causes feedback and floor this
freq to zero, but not affecting too much of the other freq and finally
boost the overall level slightly.

I was standing pretty far away from the amp, my cord was almost maxed
save for some slack. Feedback wasn't a problem in that venue. I had no
problem hearing myself on stage, but moving closer to the amp when I
want to hear more bass freq and general presence.

I could turn up louder but the sound men didn't let me lol!

The guitarist is using a bandmaster amp 3x10.

-Louis