[Harp-L] Chrometta 8 -- pet project

Hey,

Anyone interested in chiming in some suggestions (or email to avoid a thread)...

So, I'm playing Diatonic,  but.... I'm looking to start a longish term pet Chromatic project (customizing).

Something cheap but decent enough to play when I'm done.

I am looking at the CHROMETTA series --- I know... cheap, sometimes not playable.... I know the objections.

But,

I read that there is a GIANT difference between a Chrometta "10"  and the "8" and "12",  that is,  the 10 SUCKED,  but the 8 has good quality, metal covers, not so leaky...

And I love that it's small(ish) and Golden Melody Shaped.

Well, the end goal is to make an Irish/Scottish Playing harp -- single note melody primarily. So, reversed slide, etc...

However, they only come in a C,  and that seems the most unlikely for this type of music....

Even if it's a TON of retuning, can anyone suggest POSSIBLE retuning that could turn this thing around? (not just changing like the Key of the thing if possible, but also tuning it Paddy or Major Cross(ish)... perhaps making a low key playing harp for droney bagpipes even..

Just being imaginative, but with the end goal of practical too.

(if you can think of a better but similar price ranged harp to start with, I'm all ears).

Like I say, this is as much a retuning practice/play exercise if I can get a chromatic, as it is a serious venture.

So, lmk if you have any ideas, except for, don't bother (grin)

Thanks and later.

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses