[Harp-L] David Babak Benefit in Denver Thurs Feb 26

For 35 years;  David Babak has worked with the homeless,  disabled and/or
mentally ill in greater Denver.  One of his projects, Starfish on  Broadway,
showcases the  musical talent and songwriting of people within this community.
Three CDs have been released and each  month a local cable station airs a
musical session.  Thirty homeless  musicians have been involved in these projects
(wow).  Every one of them now lives  independently and is self sustaining!
David is himself a musician.  He is a sax player and a drummer.  He has always
been hands on in the studio with his clients, just as on  the streets.
David now  needs help finishing the fourth CD.  Over his  many years
answering emergency calls to psych hospitals and emergency rooms,  Dave was stuck with
hypodermic needles.  On one unidentified occasion, Dave contracted hepatitis
C.  For the last year Dave has been in the  fight of his life battling liver
cancer; word has recently been passed along  that he will lose this battle.  It
 seems likely that Dave may not be there for post-production and will have to
 hire others to do the work.
We need to raise funds to  finish this final worthwhile project and need the
music community to help in any  way that they can.  A benefit show will be
hosted by Hermanâs  Hideaway in Denver on February 26, 2009.  Tickets are $10 at
the door  and maybe soon through the Herman's web site
_www.hermanshideaway.com_ (http://www.hermanshideaway.com/) .  Already  on board as entertainers are
Sammy Dee (recently opened for Robert Cray),  Bruce Delaplain and Jay Gaunt
(the 14 year old harmonica phenom from  NJ).  Conversations are under way with
other musicians who are national  caliber performers... the final lineup
promises to be  amazing.  An art auction is also scheduled.  If  that aint enough,
it looks like Steve Ewing of "The Urge" will be performing in  a late show
immediately after the fundraiser, if you're already in the house  that performance
will be free, otherwise it's a $10 Ticket.
Anything that any of you  can do will be appreciated.  We still want to hear
from performers and need help with  promotions.  We need you to  spread the
word, and of course attend on February 26th 7:00 to 11:00 P.M.  - SAVE THE DATE!
-
>From the  Blues Jam Post / Co-organizer:  Please contact me directly via
email  _bluzeharp@xxxxxxxx (mailto:bluzeharp@xxxxxxx)  if you  are interested in
attending this benefit or if you can donate your services as a  performer to
this very worthy cause.  David has little time left with us; we want to pack the
house  and send him to whatever awaits with a strong feeling that he has made
a  difference.    Thanks, Christopher  Richards

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)