Re: [Harp-L] Finger loop on mic

does anyone have a picture of this w/ Pat?

----- Original Message -----
From: "dick lightfoot" <dlightfoot12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:57:50 PM GMT -07:00 Chihuahua / La Paz / Mazatlan
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Finger loop on mic

the late, great Pat Ramsey used a mic with a finger loop on the shell. I imagine it would just require opening up the mic, removing the element, drilling/tapping a hole, then putting on an appropriate loop with a panhead screw in the appropriate spot. You wouldn't even have to tap the hole if you used a longer screw with a nut and loctite in a spot where it wouldn't hit the mic element. Be sure to protect the mic element from any metal shavings during the operation, though, it would be safest to desolder the leads, remove the element completely, and then resolder it when the drilling is done...

dl