Re: [Harp-L] Seydel harps- not just the 1847s

Actually, I hear a lot of great reports about Seydel Blues Sessions. I just got off the phone with a Nashville recording artist who told me they are his favorite harp, most comfortable in his mouth etc. They were my first Seydel harps (from before 2006...) that began my love affair with the company, and they were Charlie Musselwhite's harp-of-choice before Seydel came out with the 1847.

While Seydel has consciously and definitely improved quality control since 2005, and we aim for 100%, it is always possible that some harps slip through, or change slightly in shipping etc. When this happens I welcome people contacting me and I willingly sort out the problem and if it is in fact a problem with the harp I get it functioning perfectly.

I feel very awkward about someone waiting 9 months, and then posting to a public forum, when it could have been handled in person at Buckeye, or at SPAH, or in so many ways during those months.....

For the record, the harps you purchased were made in 2008, and you purchased them as a set at a special Buckeye price which came out to less than $25 per harp. The price of a standard tuned Session today is $29.95.

Rupert Oysler
www.seydelusa.com

venkyr@xxxxxxx wrote:
No one talks about those Blues Session models. I
don't own the 1847s but these Blues Sessions don't
really play out of the box. I bought a set of these
at the Buckeye Harmonica fest from Rupert last year.
The keys of D, LD and G were fairly (or barely)
responsive. My Bushmans and Special 20s do play well
out of the box though.
I heard somewhere that in 2006 the Blues Session
harps that came out of Klingenthal, Germany, were
not up to snuff. But they did succeed in the selling
them to me.
I still want Rupert to chime in because I am not
getting my money's worth. For $35.00 a piece I could
do better with a Golden Melody.
Keep harpin'
Venk

www.myspace.com/harpdad