[Harp-L] Luxuary vs. Necessity (was Rupert)

From:
SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx

SNIP

I own over 60 custom marine bands . . . .

I will never work on my own harps, I  just send them to Joe Spiers as I would rather spend my time practicing than  killing harps.

END

Working on my own harps is a necessity.

There's now way I can afford 60 harps at $100-200 a piece.

I realize that a top-of-the-line tenor sax costs about the same, but I will never be able to afford a new sax (I do all my own sax work as well.)

Either one is like buying a used car.

I think most of us would rather spend the time practicing.

BELEIVE ME . . . .

I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PRICE OF CUSTOM WORK.

Up to $200 is fair for the work put in on one harmonica.