Re: [Harp-L] Howard Levy on NPR - All Things Considered

Jim Fitting wrote:
Yeah same for me, I climbed in my car and heard this harmonica...and I was like, oh my God who on earth can play this shit? (certainly not me). Then I realized, oh it's just Howard Levy, the guy who invented overblowing...It is a great interview, and pretty much confirms my opinion that the guy is a genius. Definitely worth a listen...
This is part of the NPR series, "In Their Own Words", a profile of musicians talking about their art. This was one of the best ones, a real credit to both Howard and the NPR staff who produced it.

I was about to go into the local Safeway when I heard this come on. So I sat there in the parking lot, transfixed bu my car radio - a driveway moment, as NPR would call it.

-LM