[Harp-L] Juke - Sonny Jr

When talking about just playing 12 bar blues, Sonny Terry was probably one
of the kings of pulling off 13, 14, 11 bar blues due the excellence of Brownie
McGhee being a quarter step behind Sonny and just nonchalantly making it seem
 like it was meant to be. Brownie never got the accolades for the tremendous
guitar playing, both accompanying and playing lead on his songs. There is
never  a mention of him when talking about acoustic blues great guitarists, and I
saw  it first hand, when he wanted to go off, play behind his neck, whatever,
his  finger picking rhythm style was just beautiful. He wrote a book of
standard and  non standard chords along with his finger picking style that I am
sure not  many know about, it was very deep. Brownie played a vintage Martin D-28
as his  acoustic guitar, and electric I forget but it was not a Fender, I
think a Gibson  or Guild, big body, I am not a guitar person.
    As far as Walter with Jimmy Rogers, his recording  on the CD Bluebird is
not really anything special, but I think Kim Wilson's  playing on Jimmy's
Ludella is some of his best work, and there are many.
    One slick thing Walter did on Juke was to segway  between that 4 line
second chorus by hitting the two draw and then 3 blow, same  note, but it led him
into the next phrase rather nicely. Thank you Scott for  your in depth
knowledge and sharing of it. SJ