Re: [Harp-L] Re:Lightbulb - and other instrument jokes

Gee now my dad used to say the definition of a gentleman,
is some who knows how to play the bagpipes but doesn't!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Winslow Yerxa" <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 1:20:37 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re:Lightbulb - and other instrument jokes

Usually I hear that as a bagpipe joke: nobody cries when you cut up a bagpipe.

But there are plenty of accordion jokes, sometimes involving the banjo:

===

What's the definition of perfect pitch?

When you toss an accordion into a dumpster and it lands on a banjo.

===

"I left my accordion in the car and somebody broke in!"

"Oh no -did they take your accordion?"

"No - they left another one beside it."

===

Harmonica players all know about the phenomenon of accumulating harmonicas - they seem to appear almost unbidden, lying on tables and shelves, crammed into drawers, containers, and various odd spaces.

Accordionist have the same experience, and it's just as mysterious. You have a three-row diatonic button accordion, and the next thing you look around and somehow a piano accordion has appeared. Or a bandoneon. Or a Russian bayan.

Some people account for this mystery by claiming that two accordions will mate and produce a third one. As proof of this hypothesis, they point to the harmonicas that you find lying around at random - those are the eggs that will eventually hatch into accordions (but only if there are accordions present in the house, otherwise the eggs go unfertilized and remain as harmonicas).

When I heard this, it was a big moment of discovery. Now I finally understand what people have been telling me for so many years - that my harmonica playing sucks eggs!

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa