Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:17:12 -0000
From: "Aongus MacCana" <amaccana@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Fettling the Chrometta
To: "Harp-L List" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Having decided that I cannot defer my repair/customising career any longer
I finally brought myself to taking the covers off a tired old G Chrometta
that I had lying in my harp box for the past few years.
snip>
My proposed plan of action to deal with the problem is to make a small anvil
by drilling a hole in a piece of steel stock large enough to take the nail
heads and then to drive the nails out by a carefully delivered whack on the
pointy end. If this is not disastrous, then my next trick will be to drill
out the first reedplate to take the Âclosest equivalent size of B.A. or
small metric setscrew and to drill the opposite reed plate to the tapping
size for the screw.

Snip>

Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana