Re: [Harp-L] New to Harmonica

I will confess.  I am not new to harmonica.  For a long time, I had in mind to do a sly message incorporating all the topics that regularly pop up on harp-l. This was my attempt.

To digress for a minute, I also belong to two blues discussion forums, but I'm not brave enough to ask, again, "Can white men play the blues?"

These perennial harmonica topics will pop up again, at least once a year. I personally have no problem with that. They are always interesting topics, relevant for some at their particular level of development.  I do try to read what's been said in the past before raising one of the topics again, if I feel there's something that's still open for discussion.

Whoever said I missed John Popper, you're right! How did I miss him?  And really, I should have been asking how to learn Whammer Jammer, not Juke.

I got a few personal emails from people trying to answer the questions.  I thank you all.  Abner Galdos, thank you for your sincere public reply, I mean that.  I suspect your first language is not English, and it may have prevented you from recognizing the somewhat "tongue in cheek" tone of the message.

But enough of all that.  Here's to the instrument we all love, harmonica.

Cheers,

wolf kristiansen

http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.