Re: [Harp-L] New to Harmonica

jcolbyspell writes:

"Brad at Harrison Harmonicas e-mailed me about their new harmonica. He gave me a link to an article on his product. He said that their were some inaccuracies in it, specifically the part about Harrison being the first in the US."

I've found that reporters often get things like this wrong when writing about subjects they don't know. I've been involved with it more than once. What struck me as odd was this claim being posted to harp-l repeatedly, where I'd hope people were more aware of the instrument.

" I wish Harrison lots of luck. His harps look like something truly new. I am really interested in finding out how the reed changing works on them."

I wish him luck as well--I will be buying one of these to see how they actually work when they are made. I'd also love to find out how he managed the replaceable reeds part--which is one reason I'd like to see the patent(s) for them, as it might explain that. Sadly, I just can't seem to find any such patent.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()
`----'