Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:23:24 -0500
From: "James boutilier" <jamesb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L]
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

hey
after a failed attempt to buy from an online musician, I thought I'd try
ya'll in here before i say #$%^ it and stick with Youtube.

im just trying to find some Irish harmonica music like the kind id like
to learn.

you wouldnt think it would be such a battle, but it has...

anyway,

im looking for "Traditional" Irish Harmonica.
no chromatics
no tremolo, etc...

just Diatonics 10 hole Irish Harmonica. Clean notes (not so much into
Vamping/chording, probably cuz im not there yet)

It seems (if i got the terms right now) I like slower SLIP JIGS (more
melancholy type?), and Air (droney type).

If that makes sense and anyone can suggest a CD, or a local mate that
cut a CD or sends downloads or something, please lmk.

Note: I have used Search, etc.... and I checked the bunch from my last
thread, but things like - Pigtown sounded too modern/mountainy?, I got
ahold of Tommy Basker, but it's note a Pure Sound, it's more
Vamping/chording.

Well, thanks in advance for any help anyone feels like throwing in.

Kindest,

jim

This electronic message including any attachments ("Message") may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under trade secret and other applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, permanently delete all copies of this Message, and be aware that examination, use, dissemination, duplication or disclosure of this Message is strictly prohibited.