[Harp-L] Another genreation of Gus' - Pinky Dinky Don't

Hi All,

I was watching children's TV today and I saw a show called "Pinky Dinky Doo".  On this show, Pinky, a precocious little girl, brings her friend Elephant to a chamber orchestra concert.  Elephant has a long trunk fitted out to be a saxophone and, while they are in the audience, listening to the chamber orchestra, Elephant whips out his trunk and starts honking the melody to the piece from the middle of the audience.

At this point, the conductor stops the performance and tells Elephant "you're disturbing the performance".  Elephant thinks about this for a moment and says "you're right, I probably should leave."  At this point, so far so good.  Elephant starts to leave.

THEN, Pinky Dinky has a stroke of genius and says, "Elephant, the only reason why you are disturbing the performance is because you are not on stage!".  At this point, Elephant rethinks his approach and goes up on stage and starts playing his trunk/saxophone in an amateur, honky fashion along with the chamber orchestra and everyone appears to be happy.

I just hate to think what would have happened if Elephant did that at a Rolling Stones concert in the late 60's!  What are we teaching our children?

Harmonica content - I've seen Gus think just like this in the past with his C harp and, now, I am sure I will in the future.