[Harp-L] Re: TB or pucker - or a bit of both

The more you know and the longer you play, the more you can hear what's
going on. As Rick Estrin once said, "when you're starting out you can't
figure out how to play Juke and any of the other great tunes. How could you?
You can't even hear it." Each time you go back to a tune after 12 months or
so, you surprise yourself and hear more subtleties and nuances. You learn
more and you hear more.

I absolutely believe that in most cases you can hear the tonal differences
between a TB and a pucker - especially when a bend is involved. A TB bend on
the 2 draw has slightly less power in it than hitting it with a pucker.
Listen to "Rocker". It's clear to me that both TB and pucker techniques are
in the mix on that one.

When I get a minute I'll post Kim Wilson's segment where he discusses this
and hits a few low end draws to demonstrate the tonal differences.

Drew

~ Get your Amp and Mic pron right here:
http://uk.youtube.com/user/Ev630

How?  Without evidence of things such as tongue-slaps (for tb) or