Re: [Harp-L] Paul McCartney plays harmonica (a little)

I have one, it hangs with my fedora hat.  I think harmonica interest went up a bit..

abner
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ken Hildebrand
  To: harp-l
  Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:34 AM
  Subject: [Harp-L] Paul McCartney plays harmonica (a little)

  This showed up on my harmonica Google alert, so I searched YouTube to see if anyone posted Paul McCartney on the TV show "The View". Here it is (harmonica part starts at about 4:28):

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT4MPMjRwIU

  I've collected a bunch of the little harmonicas over the years, the popular Hohner Lil' Lady (SPAH use to send you one with SPAH on it years ago when you became a member), the Pee Wee (made in occupied Japan), the Seydel 5-hole Bandmaster (my favorite), and several others.

  I use to wear one all the time, and I was often requested to play it. Favorite song to play was "Love is a Rose".

  I heard Bernie Bray play the hell out of a little harmonica at a SPAH convention (around 1980).  I remember seeing someone at a SPAH convention that made a little chord harmonica out of a bunch of Lil Ladies... pretty cool !

  Ken H in OH