[Harp-L] Harmonica Amplifiers

OK...
There is a "myth" (In my opinion) That "Tube amps" ("Valve amps") are the
only way to go to get a good "Chicago" harmonica sound.
That is ... Honestly... RUBBISH! Tube amps hum and fail at the most
inconvenient times. SADLY!
You can use a "fuzz box" through the pa... Or simply play through a
distorting solid state amp!
For 25 years I played "amplified" harmonica through a Vox Supreme 100 W
transistor ... Yes it was that long ago... Amp. It had built in Fuzz...
Perhaps the best "sag" distorted sound I ever recorded with was using  a
small 4 Watt Selmar "Little Giant" amplifier. (40 years ago!) (a  tube amp)
I wish I still had it!
A harp player gets a great sound "from their chops"... A good amp  helps...
But it doesn't matter if it's "tube" "part tube" or solid state...
SIMPLY
Try before you buy!
Find what works for YOU.
Best wishes
John Walden
London
England.
PS
My "stage amp" currently is a 1990's Fender Blues Deluxe... A tube  amp!
Jj