Re: [Harp-L] Hidden Harp Gems (was: RE: Review of Jason Ricci)

From: "IcemanLE@xxxxxxx" IcemanLE@xxxxxxx
>It surprises many that Greg is actually an excellent blues harpist and has even released a project or two under his own name.

Yeah, I was surprized too. But then I got to hear a straight-ahead amplified blues set from him Greg at a SPAH convention a few years ago, and I learned that he can rip on blues deep enough to make your jaw drop. He demonstrated stellar chops, tone to the phreakin' bone, great phrasing and a deep and abiding respect for traditional Chicago Blues without seeming to merely ape it. Humble guy too boot. It was a pleasure to hear and meet hiim. So much for his "Margaritaville" accoustic image.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.