[Harp-L] roadhouse blues and other rock standards

Here are songs I'll be playing Friday night with my band.  I'll be taking the "leads" on all of them with harmonica.

All Along the Watchtower

Waiting on the World to Change - the horn lead before the guitar solo

Hook

Cocaine

Magic Carpet Ride

I Will Survive - Great in 4th pos.

One Way Out

Crossroads

(Acoustic) Wish You Were Here - 11th or 12th pos.

(Acoustic) Canʼt Find My Way Home

 (Acoustic) Nobody Knows You - Can easily be played on a C harp if you know a bit about modes

Feelin Alright

Johnny B. Goode - I start the song

The Joker

Hard to Handle

Roadhouse Blues

Long Train Running - not where it is on the original...I take the outro solo after the fasle ending

Leavin Trunk

Statesboro Blues

Rockin in the Freeworld

Run-around

Day Tripper

Mary Janeʼs Last Dance - Am

Hey Joe

Free Fallinʼ - Great song for 12th pos.

Imagine

I Want You to Want Me - Yes, this is the Cheap Trick song

 Mike Fugazzi
Vocals/Harmonica
"The Mike Fugazzi Band"
http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.youtube.com/user/mikefugazzi
http://www.synikalproductions.com/MFB/EPK.pdf

"Music should be healing; music should uplift the soul; music should inspire. There is no better way of getting closer to God, of rising higher towards the spirit, of attaining spiritual perfection than music, if only it is rightly understood."
-Hazrat Inayat Khan

________________________________

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Garry Hodgson <harp@...> wrote:

steve@... wrote:
> Also, I was asked a couple years ago to play 3-4 songs on harp with
a local group. I came to discover they wanted harp because they wanted
to do Roadhouse. It took me way too long to get it down, and I haven't
done it since, but I loved the harp feel in that song, too
that's raises an interesting point.  just as there are standard blues
tunes that everyone is expected to know, what are the standard
rock tunes that you are likely to be called up for?

i went to see a friend's cover band play one time, and they called me
up for a few, unexpectedly.  "roadhouse blues" was one song, i think
zz top's "tush" the other.  had never heard of "tush", and hadn't heard
roadhouse in perhaps 20 years.  i played ok, making it up on the fly,
but probably nothing like what was expected.

so, what are the rock "standards"?