From: <rmnicotra@...>
To: <harp-l@...>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 9:08 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] blackface fender princeton

>i have a working blackface fender princeton that ive owned for years but
>never use for harp because it has no bottom end.
> my amp tech recently suggested replacing the output transformer with a
> bigger one to enhance the base response.? does anyone have any
thoughts on
> this.? on another note im still tryuing to find a schematic for a
masco ma
> 25[no other letters].
> thanks in advance.
> rick nicotra

Rick, like Dane paul says -- don't do it!  Output transformers are a
key part of what gives amps their distinctive personalities (and would
greatly devalue the amp) -- there are less drastic ways to deal with
getting more bass.  Some involve changing some component values inside
the amp (I can't speak to that in any detail), but a totally
non-intrusive procedure would be to get a Lone Wolf Tone+ Pedal.  I
have tried it with my BF Princeton Reverb and it really fattens it up
nicely!
--jk