[Harp-L] Re: Amp Maintenance

The caps to consider replacing are the power supply filter caps and
possibly the cathode bypass caps.  Not all amps of this vintage
require it.   Do not replace the signal caps unless there has been a
clear failure.
In a Princeton the filter caps are contained in a multi-section can.
A suitable replacement can is available at Antique Electronic Supply
(www.tubesandmore.com).  Sometimes multi-section cans are replaced
with individual caps, but I favor using a new multi-section can in a
Princeton as it entails less alteration of a collectable amp.  The cap
is soldered directly to the chassis and this takes a big iron- not for
the inexperienced.
The most important servicing on this amp is to install a grounded line
cord.
Insist that any replaced parts are returned to you.
Amps have potentially lethal voltages inside!

Jim R