Re: Subject: [Harp-L] two questions from a newbie

Elizabeth wrote>
I couldn't agree more with Brian's take on it. Some people like to 'tell'
others how they should play and practice, instead of advising them to do what is
natural and what works best for the player.

But...there is no way I would pay heed to anyone inSISTing that one must
play every single day, no matter what else is going on. OR at the 'same time'
every day.

Actually Iceman was giving some good research-based advice on how to develop the habit of practice -practicing every day at the same time.

A simple google search on developing positive habits will easily yield phrases
like "commitment, put into existence, be consistent and develop a ritual".

Sounds like good advice to me.

I don't know if I would necessarily pay heed to someone who insists that you
not pay heed to others....

Gotta go, it's my weekend practice time!

Dan