To: "Rick Davis" <bluesharpamps@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: amps for beginners?

I'm gonna say one las thing as concerning amps for beginners. There is no right or wrong answer. Only opinions.
My opinion is that a beginner should NOT feel that an amp and mic is a REQUIREMENT to learn to play harmonica. A harmonica and a *bit of musical sense and some idea of what to play are. We are talking about beginners right?

Isn't it better to wait until the beginner has something pleasant to the ears to play real loud? Not that there's any law against it. Some spouses may wish there were.

Personally, I've heard far too many amped dudes that make me want crawl under the rug.
* Over and out!

Rick Davis wrote:
Garry Hodgson wrote: "nobody has said they cannot, nor have they mentioned
"permission". nobody said a new player would be ruined by buying an amp,
nor did they demand that all blues harp students play only acoustic. dial
down the
rhetoric a notch."

Then what is the exact objection to beginners buying an amp?  Perhaps you
should dial up the specificity a notch.