[Harp-L] Re:powder coating microphones

Having had the unfortunate experience of working in a paint laboratory helping to develop powder coatings, I have to say that I'm not a huge fan.  You can always see the "pits" that form on curing.  I think that's why powder coatings are generally reserved for industrial use.

 That said, harp mics tend to spend most of their lives hidden underneath hands.  I tested both solvent based and powder coatings for durability, but I never compared the two.  If powder coatings held up better to harp-use, then the initial surface imperfections would seem worth it to me.

That's my $.02.   Other than the $14/hr I was paid at the time, this is the first time that powder-coating lab experience was of ANY use to me.  lol.

Dan Gage