Re: [Harp-L] amps for beginners?

Some Harp-Lers will differ, but if the beginner has aspirations toward amped
blues harp sound -- if he admires Kim Wilson or Gary Smith, for example --
it is a good idea for him to get a small tube amp for practice and
small jams.  I put beginners on the amp for a few minutes from the very
first lesson.

Check out the Blues Harp Amps Blog (www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com).  This
topic has been covered thoroughly.  I recommend the Epiphone Valve Junior
Half Stack for any beginning blues player, or any player who needs a small
practice amp.  It sounds good right out of the box and the price is more
than reasonable.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/