[Harp-L] Worthy Lester Butler video clip

Checked the archives and found no mention, so thought I would give the
list a heads-up on a Youtube clip recently put up, I believe, by Scott
Dirks.  It's the Blue Shadows featuring Lester Butler in 1991, shortly
before they became the Red Devils and got a record deal.  Lester looks
impossibly young, charismatic, and doomed; one can see how he and the
band could have been mesmerizing to be in the same room with, enough
so to cross over with their contemporaries in the grunge scene.  (It's
not often remarked that the Fabulous Thunderbirds were comparably
popular with their punk, rockabilly, etc. contemporaries; your peers
in other genres will know if you are really doing something and taking
chances.)  Remarkable alertness, interaction, and intensity by all the
players: talk about moving to the groove.  Maybe things were already
going wrong, but this clip shows what the fuss was about--it's hard to
do that stuff any better.  If you love the Red Devils record, you've
got to see this clip.  Hope the URL doesn't get mangled, search Lester
Butler and Blue Shadows if it does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RRXKJOo0xU

Stephen Schneider