[Harp-L] Re: James Montgomery

I'm glad to see all the positive comments about James Montgomery - seems as though he was an early influence for an awful lot of us out there!

James is doing great - looks great - sounds great - plays great - and plays out on a regular basis, mostly in New England, and has been doing so for a number of years.  Since releasing his first album in 1973 - 'First Time Out' - he has released two more album's and is currently working on another.  For a while he seemed to drift away from the blues into a lot of 'funk' material (I think the reason is more danceable/wider-appeal?) but has returned to his blues-roots and I understand the new album will reflect that.  James also does tremendous work for his foundation which provides assistance to blues musicians without health insurance, through his work as president of The New England Blues Society; http://www.newenglandblues.com

Great entertainer, tremendous person, and wonderful ambassador for the blues!  http://www.jamesmontgomery.com

Barry