[Harp-L] Trying out my new amp. You Tube video

Danny,

Playing into a mic on a stand using an amp is an entirely different animal than cupping the mic in your hands, so i wouldn't suggest trying to make such a drastic change in style immediately before a performance. BUT, you can radically effect your tone by how tight or loose you cup the mic (btw, what kind of mic are you using?). Also, relatively minor adjustments to the MIDRANGE control (which, on your amp, for harp, would be the 250 slider on the equalizer) can dramatically effect tone. Also, pay attention to what you do with the 1k slider. I looked at how you have the amp dialed in. A slight reduction at 1k with a small increase at 250 may give you what you are after.

Also, keep in mind that what may sound loud or harsh in your living room may give you the "cut" you will need at the venue where you will be performing, and what sounds round and mellow in your living room may sound indistinct at the live venue. FWIW, i did not think that the harp sounded loud or harsh on your video. Don't obsess about it. You are set up reasonably well for a basically clean tone. It sounds fine.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

JP