Subject: [Harp-L] BluesWax Nomination for Jason Ricci & New Blood

Thanks for the reminder, Jonathan....Jason Ricci and New Blood  have already
gotten my vote.  Not only are Jason and the band well  deserving..but AFAIK
he's the only one of those nominated to have spent a  lot of time here on this
list providing tons of useful information to  harp players before deciding to
stop posting.

(Jason's also the only one that I know of out of the recent nominees for  The
Blues Foundation's 2009 Blues Music Awards to have come from this list  and
devoted much of his own time on his own dime in helping others become  better
players.)

 _http://blues.about.com/od/bluesnews/a/BluesMusicNom09_2.htm_
(http://blues.about.com/od/bluesnews/a/BluesMusicNom09_2.htm)

Nominees for Instrumentalist - Harmonica are:

Steve  Guyger
Billy Gibson
Mark Hummel
Jason Ricci
Rick Estrin
Willie  'Big Eyes' Smith

Maybe I'm wrong and the others on that short list do devote as much time  to
teaching videos (for free) and giving of themselves as he does to  help others
learn the techniques it took them so many years  of study and work to
learn...but either way, Jason certainly does  deserve support from those here who've
benefited from his expertise and huge and  generous heart.

Elizabeth

"Message: 10