Re : [Harp-L] Seydel 1847 vs. customs

"

Any advice would be greatly appreciated."
The 1847 are gorgeous harmonicas, durability, and tone (I'm playing everyday a C harmonica 1847 Silver for 9 months now....) However Joe Spiers and Brad Harrisson are doing a terrific job regarding the customization of the copper reeds sort of based Hohner harmonicas, the 1847 are staineless steel reeds and this type of metal is really hard to work on. I know only one guy who is able to do the job on customization and this is Ben Bouman (http://www.beta-harps.com). If you're an overblower just like me, you'll appriciate the reactivity on all the harmonica, and the fine tuning of each reeds...For me there's no question to play 1847 right out of the box anymore

Sure the price of a customized 1847 is quite high regarding some other right out of the box harps, but Ben Bouman is working 4 hours a least on each harmonica, and the result just worth it... And if you think about it, a oboe a trumpet is something like 6 to 8 thousands dollars, so whith the modern type of playing, we need decent instruments to play on

CHQ