Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Best chromatic blues songs...

Hi Steve:  You're very welcome...I am a big fan of your chromatic  music.
Would recognize it just about anywhere ;)

Actually 'Time Has Come Today'...is the only one of the songs I was NOT
referring to, since it was so clearly a cover of that old hit...and the
overdubbed vocals (very muffled and sounding far-away)....seemed almost  karaoke-style
over what sounds like the original Chambers Bros. song.

The two I think were amazingly good are: Drunk and Brokenhearted and
Tears, Parts 1 & 2...(though those lyrics are a little weird)...but  ...if
you disavow any knowledge of all of this, all I can say is, no inquisition
just:

'Colfax Adams' <G>

Elizabeth ;)

'Hello All
Jeez guys, I simply responded to the Chromatic Blues Songs  subject line. I
didn't want to start the Inquisition!! LOL! I find lots of odd  stuff online. I
found the site entertaining and quite funny. But "Time Has Come  Today" on
Billy Lightcap's page is an old Chambers Brothers song and was a hit  in the
60's.
I really want to thank Elizabeth for her very kind remarks about  my playing,
but as far as the comments concerning my sounding like Stevie  Wonder.....I
have to go on record as saying, "I've heard Stevie Wonder play, and  I'm no
Stevie Wonder".
Thanks
Steve Merola'

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:57 PM, <_EGS1217@xxxxxxxx (mailto:EGS1217@xxxxxxx)
> wrote:

I hadn't Winslow, but your observations seem right on. I'd love to be  proven
wrong, actually...since the voice and chromatic playing are just  SO good...a
couple of the songs so top-notch it's a wonder they weren't huge
hits...which makes me wonder if they weren't already (with perhaps slightly  different
lyrics and maybe someone else's name attached?   ;)

A fun mystery indeed....(I do like your 'on da money' name),  <G>

..and in regards to Rick Dempster's comments about Steve Merola, I agree
completely. I LOVE Steve's playing...anyone here who hasn't yet should do
themselves a favour and check out his very emotive harmonica on  his Myspace page.

_http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfmfuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=2075
65516_
(http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfmfuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=207565516)

Elizabeth