Re: [Harp-L] hearing aids

I got my hearing aids last August. they're state of the art Unicon Deltas. They have feedback suppressors and the volume and tone is set at the audiologist's. In general, I don't wear them on stage, as it's too loud. Playing acoustically, my guitar sounds a little trebly. My harp sounds fine, but occasionally, I'll hit the nin blow bend and it sets off some feed. I tend to play softer with them in. I need them, as I've lost the high end of my hearing and have trouble when in noisy crowds.

bullfrog

Mike wrote:
      Has anyone on the list had any experience with harp playing and hearing aids? I just got fitted for a(sorely needed) pair today and while my guitar sounds great, if a little tinny, my harps sound as if each single note is doubling. I go back Tuesday for some final tweaking and i will certainly mention this phenomenon to the audiologist, but i thought i'd run it by the group first. By the way, these things are supposed to be state of the art. Probably just not state of the harp. Thanks,
                               Mike