[Harp-L] volume/audiences

John, sorry if I got a bit chippy-I guess I took umbrage (gee I love that word) at the "playing for people who don't pay attention" thing, but on reflection, I realize you were'nt intending a slam. While there are those people who could care less about the music, I find the vast majority of people, despite the distractions, do pay attention. Your point on lyrics is well taken. If I don't see people reacting to certain lyrics, it's either a poor mix or we're too loud or (my personal favorite) both. Generally people are pretty forgiving and will allow several songs for you to clean it up--at some point they assume A: The band does'nt realize it, or B: The band doesn't care, and will begin to filter out. My comments concerning your "no talking" accoustic performances were sincere. In what we do, I may have some butterflies prior to the gig, but once I'm in front of the mic, I get energized by, and feed off the crowd. In the venue you spoke of, I'm pretty certain paramedics woul!
 d be involved to remove me from stage prior to the opening number!! It's all good friend.