Re: [Harp-L] Pro amps Sonny

Weird, I had a Pro, also, that was built by Bill Odell that I bought off ebay. It was a little to bright for harp I thought. It developed a grounding problem and I sent the chassis to him. For some reason he loved that chassis so much that he actually bought it back from me for as I remember somewhere around $800. Sonny, I have one of your 54-57 Bassmans that is a different animal than a 4-10, 2 holes, split load inverter, etc. I changed it to a single 15 2ohm ( Weber 15A150 ), so now it is sort of like what a Pro for harp should sound like. Anyway having seen the Odell Pro chassis graphics and my 54-57 Bassman graphics I wonder if Bill Odell built those for you?
----- Original Message ----- From: <SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 1:00 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Pro amps

I never said anything about old school pros. I love the real tweed or
brownface pro. I totally agree that original pros are the real deal. I have even
had a pro built by Bill Odell in Calif using paper in oil caps, but something
was missing even though we used a correct vintage speaker and Mercury
Magnetics trannies. Over time I think the caps and everything else break in. I will
not speak again on repros. THE BEST vintage single 15" amplifier that I am
sorry I let go of was a 1954 - 1956 Gibson GA77, they changed the circuit
completely in 1957 or 58. But those early ones, where no schematic exists, except
for the one I have from a guy who got originally with his amp, are really
tremendous. I let far too many good amps go, and they are mostly in the
collection of John Nuzzo, who I am trying to broker a deal for him to send me all his
20 vintage amps, 2 commandos, all original bandmasters, he has quite a
collection, but does not know how to know what is original or not. I will keep you
guys up to speed so you have first shot, and I am sure he has some original
Pros in there. If anyone has an original GA77 from 54 - 56 and wants a
Schematic for it, contact me offlist for a price, minimal, just to cover my shipping
and time at the post office, which nowadays is a half hour every time I set
foot in there. As I said, no schematic exists, either in the Tube amp book OR
the Gibson schematic book, they list the 1954 but give you the later
schematic. I have worked any differences out with Drew who I felt it appropriate to
apologize to him personally off list. No matter what I am on, it does not give
me the right to bash anyone's amp or anyone so I will apologize to the list
of gentlemen and ladies for my one line blahhhhhh which was totally
inappropriate. Can someone call Guiness book of records to see where I stand as far as
public apologies, I think I must be up there close to the top:)))) At least
I am man enough to do so, and make no excuses for whatever medication I am
on, I should simply shut up if I don;t have anything positive to say. I asked
the list moderator to delete my follow up post after what Drew said. He was a
bit harsh, but after so many times you guys are tired of the same old thing
from me, as am I. Yesterday was a day I barely got out of bed, but the short
time I did I was able to set myself back a good ways. This crap is worse than
chemo, but no excuses. Everything positive or nothing at all from me. I know
you have heard it before, but when my friends start getting on me, I do take
a look at myself. If repros work for you, more power to you. SJ
**************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
neighborhood today.