Re: [Harp-L] volume

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick Tabler" <badtabes@...>
wrote:

John, it's great that you have a venue where the folks are
completely devoted to, and respectful of your music, espesially in
an accoustical setting. However in my world, we play for hard
working folks laying out their hard earned guida for a night out
with thier friends to enjoy drinks, conversation, dancing AND music.
I play harp and do 80% of the vocals. At a recent gig, we nailed the
opening number pretty well-the crowd enjoyed it, but on the second
song, I blew the lyrics at the end. The band covered for me nicely,
and no one seemed to notice until I turned to the band pointing to
myself laughing, to which the band pointed at me and laughed also. I
then turned to the mic and stated, " We have alternate endings to
that song--that were'nt any of 'em". The crowd and the band
guffawed, and we had a blast the rest of the night. I'm totally
enjoying my band and the good people who come out to see us.
Whatever blows your skirt up brother!!

Hi, Rick.  I was just expressing how lucky I feel to have a
real "listening" venue to perform at some of the time.  I was
certainly not passing judgement on anybody.  I am also in a "bar
band," and I dig that, too.  Plenty of hard-working folks around
here, too.
--jk