[Harp-L] Re: Volume and conversation

Been following the posts lately about amps and such.  I think we ALL (or most of us) agree that the best harp amp out there is the one that does what YOU want it to do and sound like what YOU like it to sound like.  We've all got our favorites.   The REAL key to the best tone is like someone else just stated ..........Dynamics!!!!!!!!
I'm lucky enough to have been playing with the same cats for over 12 years who WATCH and LISTEN to eachother when we're playing gigs.
>From the start, we realized that dynamics really MAKE the gig.
I've been to a bunch of jams also and everyone there (there are acceptions) is usually there to get in as much playing as they can in a short amount of time.  A lot of cats get discouraged with the constant competition that goes on at those jams.  It's particularly discouraging for harp players who come in with a fairly low wattage ; But REALLY Freakin' Cool ; old Bogen or Newcome head.   I really hate it for those cats, cause their tone is SO cool, but they are be completely drowned out by guitar players with more powerful amps.  Maybe there should be some sort of rule (or LAW) pertaining to the size of jam amps.   I'm not trying to stir things up here. But, you know what I mean.  I know of a particular harp player who goes to these jams and has one of THE BADDEST Bassman Webber kit that he and his dad built and it can keep up with ANY guitar player's volume, but occasionally he gets one of his cool ebay old PA head finds and has it restored or tweaked and takes it out to a jam only to be OVERPOWERED by discourteous guitar jammers.  That's a drag!!
Anyway................that's my 2 cents.
Mike "Wezo" Wesolowski
www.bluesworldorder.com
www.myspace.com/harpwezo
www.megatoneamps.com