[Harp-L] Re: Leo Shi Basses & Chord harps

John Broecker writes:
"Thanks for your information on the Leo Shi bass and chord products made by Golden Cup. When I get my "economic stimulus," I'll investigate these harps."

You're welcome, and I think that you will enjoy these harps very much--they're really wonderful instruments.

"The JH020s-3 three-deck chord harp sounds like a copy of the Hohner Polyphonia #8, 3-deck chord harp."

No, not at all. They are similar in that both are three-deck chord harmonicas, but that's about where it ends. The Poly VIII was chromatic, all blow, had bass notes and only three reeds per chord. The 3Chord is not chromatic, has draw reeds, no bass notes and 8 reeds per chord tuned in octaves. I think the last part is one of the Leo Shi's big strengths compared to the Poly VIII or things like the Chordet--those octave tuned chords just sound so wonderful. The construction on the LS chord harps is unique, AFAIK, and quite an innovation for chord-harp design.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()
`----'